ABOUT US :
ASTONJET is a dynamic, entrepreneurial and fast-growing business jet operator. We are ambitious, love challenges and believe in investing in our people and building a team environment where everyone can contribute to creating a great service for our customers and enabling the company for rapid growth and success.
What sets up apart is our values, our passion, enthusiasm and belief in the many things we do, and our ability to think outside of the box and go the extra mile and exceed expectations.
OPERATIONS CONTROLLER :
The Operations Controller will be managed and will report to the Ground Ops Manager. Ground Operations are a key department for the planning and organization of all ASTONJET flights worldwide, and work closely with the Sales department to increase performance and high level of engagement.
At the very heart of the Aviation operations, he will be in charge of monitoring all the tasks to perform private jet flights, complying with EASA Regulations, and represent the company professionally at all levels.
KEY RESPONSABILITIES :
- Operational administration (updating tools and databases used in operations department, operational daily reports).
- Administrative duties relevant for OCC department.
- Flight scheduling (requesting and arranging overflight/landing permits, handling and fuel arrangements, additional supplementary services).
- Flight dispatch and operations control (flight planning, crew briefing, METEO and NOTAM analyses, movement control, crew control, irregularity handling, emergency response).
- Determining the availability of aircraft and Flight Crew.
- Give due consideration to any MEL item.
- In conjunction with Sales, CAMO, Flight Operations and other Ground Operations staff members, maintaining an efficient Schedule.
- Crew Control duties, including hotel and travel arrangements for flight crew.
- Ground services arrangements and pax assistance as B2B, transport, catering.
- Airport and Route analyses and feasibility checks to support commercial and flight operations department.
- Monitor aircrew Flight Time Limitations.
- Monitor/Liaise with the Maintenance Department regarding the serviceability of the aircraft.
- Flight Following’, as well as offering in-flight assistance for Flight Crews.
- Monitoring the daily operation (e.g. demand, uncovered trips, delays).
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS :
- At least 2 years’ experience as Operations Controller/Flight Dispatcher preferable in private aviation environment
- Fluent in English is mandatory and French language would be an advantage
- Good computer skills and technical capacity in Aviation Flight Planning software
- Great Communications skills and capacity to work on a fast passe and time pressure environment
- Dispatch license or certificate
- Location: Malta
- Entry: March 2023
- Contract: Full time, Permanent employment, Alternate shifts day, evenings, nights and weekends
- Gross Salary: Competitive according to the level of experience